Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adyar Aapu

In my never ending Quest to find out answers for the numerous “Why?” – I reached a place in Adyar where somebody might give some insight.

There I was asked to just give my Thumb Impression, he then provided a lot of information like my name, father & mothers name, family members their details, current scenario (not mine, but of my family). Then the “truth” further unfolded detailing various aspects of my life.They were more in general which was not of much interest to me - my mom/sister was interested in knowing about my future partner.

The below were the leads which were given to us,

1.She would be based in & around Chennai (from the Pallava territory which includes Chennai/Kanchi/Tiruvallur) - (okie, I tick my check list)
2.There would be an abandoned or a relatively old house close to her residence. - Who cares
3. She would have a identifiable mark on the left side - Hmmmm, I try to run lot of Flash back: could not get something
4. She would not be the only child (mostly it would be a brother)- (okie, I tick my check list)
5. Her name would start as part of the vallinam in Tamil script/letters – which may denote shiva and/or flower (he gives an example like priya)- (okie, I tick my check list)

Now I start refreshing my Tamil language skills which I assume to have- A quick mock goes in my head & Grrreat I have some favorable leads. J

(Tamil Vallinam letters includes க , ச ,ta, த ,ப , ற )

I got more interested in this when he started saying some names like Gayathri, sharada, etc etc Priya hmmm … Im waiting for that name – he comes there & starts thinking while I keep waiting for him to come up more specific (like Pudusu)…

I can read his eyes *thinking intense* for another word (read this part slowly, it was in a slow motion phase I was going through).

All through this I was giving a not-so-interested look to my sis/Mom/brother in law.

– His mouth opens and still his eyes expressing he is thinking (Im shouting silently for the name in the room)
– while Im watching him he makes another move with his hand trying to reach something * I was not interested in this hand move, concentrating again if he can spell out*
– Im still stuck if he could spell out that word which I require
– He closes his mouth to my disappointment ….
– He opens them again, wowwww its not yet finished
– His hand reaches close to his face – I was getting confused here , why does he need a hand to spell out a name?
– The excitement/confusion was short lived when I saw he was holding a “nattamai sombu” and started drinking water.

Aaachu ra, Thanni unaku romba mukiyama da ???

All the anxious waiting of me to read inside his lips were washed off when he opened his mouth only to drink…. I was imagining things inside my head that the words are getting washed off from his throat by water to his stomach. (Like the cartoon stuff)

My hopes are dashed as usual – not showing I continued to look not-so-interested in the subject. That name was easy – how can he miss that!!!

Then he goes on to read my previous incarnation details (upon my sis request).
She was hell bent to know my previous life adventures!!! People get pleasure at others expense.

Since this post gets a bit lengthy & might tarnish my left over image / pride/ honour I would not want to disclose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment